[okfn-discuss] Women comfortable at speaking at events...

Jorge Cabezas jorgeluiscabezas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 10:50:11 UTC 2013

Hi Zara and everybody,
First of all, thank you Zara for sharing the info and the link. And all the companions that told us about their marvellous work with children, that is really inspiring.
A month ago, I lead the organization of the fourth edition of the Open Source World Conference that every year is held at Argentina, since 2010. I can say that finding female speakers is one of the most difficult issues for us, searching into schollar, government or industry field. The proportion is extremely unbalanced (as much, 1/10, or 2/10) but it reflects the reality of TI sector (and of course, Open Source segment). So this year we decided to work hard on the gender divide that clearly exists at tech enviroment (pitty that anyone cared about making some stays about it, but is a part of the problem, I guess)
This link Zara is sharing will surely help us to achive the goal of an equitative women representation, not only at our event, but in tech studies an professional activities too.

Warm regards

Jorge
Jorge Cabezas
http://www.about.me/jorge.cabezas