[okfn-discuss] Gender and Social Movements

Beatrice Martini beatrice.martini at okfn.org
Fri Nov 29 11:35:27 UTC 2013

Hi Duncan,

Thank you very much for the link. Very good food for thought.

Best,
Beatrice

On 27 November 2013 16:08, Duncan Edwards <D.Edwards at ids.ac.uk> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>

> I thought this new resource focussing on Gender an Social Movements (
> http://socialmovements.bridge.ids.ac.uk/) from the Bridge team at the
> Institute of Development Studies might be of interest to this list.
>

> Following on from Zara’s email regarding female speakers from last Friday
> - Are we, as part of a social movement of “openness”, considering gender in
> the what we are doing and how we do it?
>

> On an Open Knowledge note – the process by which this output was produced
> was designed with a certain degree of openness and engagement in its
> co-construction. See
> http://socialmovements.bridge.ids.ac.uk/start-here/about-programme/contributorsfor the list of people who contributed and shaped the process. Please see
> the “About the report” section of the main overview report for more detail.
>

> Best wishes,
>
> Duncan

> Duncan Edwards
> ICT Innovations Manager – Knowledge Services
> Programme Manager - Research & Evidence Component, Making All Voices Count
> Institute of Development Studies, Brighton BN1 9RE, UK
>
> Charitable Company No. 877338
> Global Knowledge
> *for Global Change *email: d.edwards at ids.ac.uk  tel: +44 (0)1273 915797
> fax: +44 (0)1273 621202
>
> Skype: duncan_ed1
>
> Twitter: @duncan_ids <http://twitter.com/duncan_ids>
>

> Bio: http://www.ids.ac.uk/person/duncan-edwards
> Knowledge Services at IDS:*http://www.ids.ac.uk/go/knowledge-services
> <http://www.ids.ac.uk/go/knowledge-services>*
>

>  This message is for the addressee only and may contain privileged or
> confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify
> the sender immediately and delete the original. Any views or opinions
> expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
> those of IDS. Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex,
> Brighton BN1 9RE Tel: +44 (0)1273 606261; Fax: +44 (0)1273 621202 IDS, a
> charitable company limited by guarantee: Registered Charity No. 306371;
> Registered in England 877338; VAT No. GB 350 899914

Beatrice Martini
Events Coordinator  |  skype: beatricemartini  |
@beatricemartini<https://twitter.com/beatricemartini>
*Empowering through Open Knowledge*
http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <https://twitter.com/okfn>  |  OKF on
Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>  |  Newsletter<http://okfn.org/about/newsletter/>