[okfn-discuss] CC and copyright reform

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Wed Oct 30 18:51:28 UTC 2013

On 30/10/13 10:02 AM, Mr. Puneet Kishor wrote:

> I think of the CC statement as being in support of the community’s
> desire for copyright reform. That is, it is not CC’s place to figure
> out what reform; that depends on the community, and you (and I, and
> everyone else) are a big part of it.

Yes the statement is excellent "big tent" activism. Anyone who wants
copyright reform is supported by it and can support it. If it mentioned
greater specifics then 14-year-term reformers, life-plus-50 reformers,
registrationists, abolitionists, etc. would all have something to take
issue with and would be undermined in some way by it.