[okfn-discuss] data.gov.uk wants your input

FENG GAO gaofeng860918 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 22:04:17 UTC 2013

Thanks Laura for sharing this. Had written a blog
post<http://cn.okfn.org/2013/09/04/data-gov-uk-open-up-its-data-inventory/>
about
this on OKFN-China

I personally love the feedback system they put there and if will nice if
they could later share how well it works to help government decide the
priority of datasets.

best,
Feng

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 8:44 PM, Laura James <laura.james at okfn.org> wrote:

> [apologies for cross-posting!]
>
> This week's call from data.gov.uk may be of interest:
>
> http://www.data.gov.uk/blog/government-data-get-involved-0
>
> Now is an excellent opportunity to highlight unpublished datasets which
> the government holds which would be useful as open data!
>
> From the article:
>
> *The inventory of currently unpublished datasets will start to go live on
> data.gov.uk from 2nd September at 1700 for everyone to see what data the
> government holds.*
>
> *This is where it gets interesting. We want to see what you think. So,
> you will have a chance to assess any of the unpublished items that you are
> interested in. Whether you are an academic, journalist, interested
> individual, entrepreneur, small to medium sized enterprise, big business,
> social enterprise, charity, or anyone else with an interest in government
> data we want you to tell us what we should be releasing and why.*
>
> *.... *
>
> *Your responses will be published on data.gov.uk so that other users can
> see all of your input. The Cabinet Office Transparency Team, Departments,
> Open Data User Group and the Public Sector Transparency Board will start
> the process of assessing and prioritising data releases and assembling the
> National Information Infrastructure from 16th Septem**ber. As such, the
> earlier you can give the feedback, the more likely it is to be taken into
> account.*
>
> *.... *
>
> *You are also invited to a launch event<http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/8134429297> on
> the 10th September. It will be hosted by the Cabinet Office Transparency
> Team at 1 Horse Guards Road, SW1A 2HQ. *
>

> Cheers,
>
> Laura
> *
>
> **
>
> **
>
> *

Feng GAO <http://about.me/feng_gao> |
@okfncnfenggao<http://twitter.com/okfncnfenggao> (same
on Weibo)
Ambassador at China, Open Knowledge Foundation

OKF China Local Group (开放知识基金会中国) <http://cn.okfn.org>
Weibo: @开放知识基金会中国 <http://weibo.com/okfncn> |Twitter:
@okfncn<http://twitter.com/okfncn>
Join Discussion on the