[okfn-discuss] New tool to build map dataviz

Vincent Brouté neveldo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 10:02:47 UTC 2013

Dear OKF Community,

I'm involved in some OpenData related works in France and it's my first
message to the OKF mailing list.

I saw that sharing useful tools for Open Data is welcome. That why I would
like to share with you an Open Source library I made. It could help you to
build pretty map dataviz in order to visualize Open Data in an interresting
way.

More than words, you can see a demo here with a map of the world and fake
generated data : http://neveldo.fr/mapael/usecases/world .

Here is the github of the project Mapael : http://neveldo.fr/mapael/ , and
the complete documentation : http://neveldo.fr/mapael/ .

Technically, Mapael is a jQuery plugin built on the vector library
raphael.js. It can be simply configured with JSON.

I would be glad to get user feedbacks, so feel free to share and use it !
Hope you will find interest in this tool.

Currently, there is many features, but only few maps are available : world,
USA and France countries, feel free to contribute to the project.

Best regards,
Vincent