[okfn-discuss] effort to improve "open science" article on Wikipedia... also see citizendium

Aaron Wolf wolftune at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 06:27:13 UTC 2013

I don't think Wikipedia has it all. The original suggestion was to actively
improve it in ways where it was lacking. Everything good about Wikipedia is
due to efforts like that. I was objecting to the naysaying discouraging
reply that was posted in response.

All the good emphasis on working on other projects is fine. Just leave out
the statements trying to discourage those who wanted to get people together
to improve Wikipedia.

For the record, if you do find other sites that really deserve attention,
I'm very interested. Wikipedia is not the right tool much of the time. But
Citizendium is a hopeless project with no shot at being superior to
Wikipedia. So put simply, find anything truly promising and high quality,
promote it and I'll be sincerely interested. Just don't promote anything
just because it isn't Wikipedia.

Cheers

On Friday, September 13, 2013, Gene Shackman wrote:

> Okay, I give up. You think wikipedia is sliced bread. wikipedia has it
> all. You have your opinion, I have mine. Lets move on. I'm going to look
> for other websites that I think are better and will add to them. Maybe
> others will too. I don't see that as interfering with anything you do.
>
> Gene

Aaron Wolf
wolftune.com