[okfn-discuss] new brand, new website: coming up next week

heath rezabek heath.rezabek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 15:38:30 UTC 2014

I'm glad for Laura and Rufus' willingness to engage in this exploration.

We seem to know this much:

- The logo is good to go.  Not everyone will love any given logo, but
overall response is positive.

- The tagline is contentious, mostly due to questions over how well it
expresses the human and holistic aspects of our efforts.

Two questions:

Might the second tagline (Open Data / Open Minds) and the flexible use of
'Open _____' answer some of this?

Can the process launch with the logo, while the tagline is further refined
through community collaboration?

- Heath

--
Heath Rezabek  //  labs.vessel.cc
Long Now Foundation (Intern)  //  Manual for Civilization Project  //