[okfn-discuss] new brand, new website: coming up next week

Pierre Chrzanowski pierre.chrzanowski at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 14:14:21 UTC 2014

Dear All, I am sorry I will not be able to participate in the online
discussion.

So I just wanted to say congrats to all of those who have been working hard
on the new website and logo, which all look great, but also wanted to say
that I shared many concerns over the new tagline expressed here.

In particular, I do think, like Tim and Peter, that the tagline is too much
focused on data and that it does not reflect the core purpose of the Open
Knowledge Foundation being a global movement of people opening and using
knowledge.

I went to the Open Knowledge Foundation precisely because I had the feeling
I would be welcome and could take part in that movement, and I could even
express my views - with facts of course - and propose new ideas. But I do
not find any of that in the new headline.

Best
Pierre

*Pierre Chrzanowski*
*Consultant Open (Government) Data*