[okfn-discuss] How to Organize the First Local Meetup

Prakash Neupane nprkshn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 16:29:34 UTC 2014

Dear Yulli

I really like to appreciate you interest. In my experience, i think it
always better to kick off with some specific interest group. It means there
might some communities who are working on Open Source Software, Open
Content/Wikipedia, creative commons, open web or other ..... So that they
will understand what u want to do and also can suggest/support for your
initiations.

For the first time .... i think it would be better to talk very generally
and more focusingly trying to understand the mission and vision.

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:00 PM, Yulli Jeremia <jeremiayulli at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear community members,
> As the festive season fades away, I am planning to kick off the new year
> by organizing the first open knowledge local meetup in Dar es
> Salaam,Tanzania. I would like, however, to get some blueprint and your
> experience on how to go about it especially for the first time. I kindly
> request for both general and specific guidance on this. I anticipate my
> gratitude for your great support.
> Best regards!
>
> Yulli Jeremia

Prakash Neupane