[okfn-discuss] Googles role in the open movement

Niels Erik Kaaber Rasmussen niels at buhlrasmussen.eu
Mon Jul 21 12:18:53 UTC 2014

Thanks for a great #Okfest14 with interesting and inspiring people, sessions and talks in Berlin.

One issue that was not on the official programme, but I came to discuss multiple times in private conversations was Googles role in the event and more generally in the open movement. Should Google lead the way in the quests for a "global digital infrastructure for democracy"? Are google open enough? How about privacy issues? Censorship? Tax issues? Etc.

I don't have the answers, but I think these and related questions are both important and interesting and are some that we as a movement has to address and consider.

Best, Niels Erik
--
http://buhlrasmussen.eu
Twitter @nilleren