[okfn-discuss] Global campaign for opening up contract data

Daniela Mattern daniela.mattern at okfn.org
Thu Jun 19 20:44:02 UTC 2014

Hey,

I recently joined Open Knowledge Central and now I got in touch with the
campaign team.
I am very interested in contract data as I tried to open up some contract
in the past in Brazil using Freedom of Information requests and failed.
Open Knowledge's objective is to run a Global campaign
<http://stopsecretcontracts.org/> to force policy makers to open up
contract data.

We wonder how such a campaign could work.

Which process do you suggest?
If you had a website to support the campaign what would you use it for?
What do you think should be the role of Open Knowledge Central in this
project?
How can we effectively plan the campaign together with the community? What
should be the first steps of running such a campaign?

Looking forward to having your ideas?

Best

Daniela

--

Daniela Mattern

Open Data Project Manager | skype: e1aste2000

*Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org> *

http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>  |  Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>  |
Newsletter <http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>

<http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>

*Have you bought your tickets <http://2014.okfestival.org/tickets/> to
OKFestival yet? Join us in Berlin in July (15-17)!*

*Open Minds to Open Action*