[okfn-discuss] idea: open knowledge manifesto

heath rezabek heath.rezabek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 02:06:18 UTC 2014

I'd agree that a manifesto seems more the place for bold statements of
one's beliefs than a set of guidelines would be.  :)  I too would be
interested to see what we could yield, given our collective similarities
and differences.

I applaud the effort!  Will mull this over...

- Heath

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Laura James <laura.james at okfn.org> wrote:

> On 12 June 2014 22:32, stef <s at ctrlc.hu> wrote:
>
>> howdy,
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 09:18:41PM +0100, Laura James wrote:
>> > In this week's workshop on Privacy + Open Data, a few people suggested
>> the
>> > idea of a manifesto to set out what open knowledge is all about.  This
>> > could be a short text setting out what we believe in, which folks who
>> share
>> > our vision could sign to indicate their commitment.
>> >

>> > It's not the first time the idea has come up, so I'd love your opinions!
>> >
>> > Do you want to have a manifesto?
>>
>> i guess calling a manifesto instead of guidelines is PR-wise wise.
>>

> Interesting - I was thinking of something more like a statement of shared
> vision and passion than guidelines-style, but there may be real utility in
> something like that (too?).
>

>> > <
>> https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/document/d/1dxwEV3Qt9S3sbOP7XSnefZ6koOcN7Xj3LGfvpkTuWlQ/edit
>> >.
>>
>> would you share this on your own infrastructure as well?
>>

> Sure: http://pad.okfn.org/p/LJ-manifesto-ideas

Heath Rezabek  //  labs.vessel.cc
Icarus Interstellar  /  FarMaker Design Corps  //  icarusinterstellar.org
Open Knowledge Foundation  /  Texas Ambassador for the OKFn  //  okfn.org