[okfn-discuss] Knight invests $4 Million in "next-generation community platform" for online news (hopefully more), E-Democracy lessons

Lyre Calliope lyre.calliope at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 18:23:33 UTC 2014

The Mozilla OpenNews team takes working in the open to heart. Like many
projects out of the Mozilla Foundation, perhaps the easiest way to get
involved and build bridges with this initiative is to join the public
community call that happens every other Wednesday:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/OpenNews/Calls

Joining their mailing list and irc channel are also great ways to connect.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/OpenNews

While making the code public and widely available is an aim for this
project, they'd definitely appreciate more involvement from a wider
community. It might make sense to recruit an ambassador of sorts with a
strong mental map of the civic tech/open gov space to participate, ask this
very question and discover opportunities for collaboration.

Cheers!
Lyre Calliope

http://captaincalliope.net
http://twitter.com/captaincalliope