[okfn-discuss] Open Knowledge Foundation wiki

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga at okfn.org
Thu Mar 6 20:10:11 UTC 2014

Hi all,

calling attention for a comment at OKF wiki. I think something should be
done.
Over the top anti spam measures

It's currently very painful to contribute to this wiki.

The anti-spam measures are completely out of control, it gets really hard
to do anything meaningful when you have to keep typing those stupid
characters for every single edit again and again and again.

I don't know how we expect people to help build this wiki with such insane
controls.

Please tone this down significantly.

To make it clear, I do not want any kind of special status, I want regular
contributors not to suffer like I am.

Captchas on wikis are a really bad idea, please use filters, account
confirmation and other stuff, but not captchas.

Thanks,

--Solstag <http://wiki.okfn.org/User:Solstag>
(talk<http://wiki.okfn.org/wiki/index.php?title=User_talk:Solstag&action=edit&redlink=1>)
05:19, 6 March 2014 (UTC)

http://wiki.okfn.org/Talk:Main_Page#Over_the_top_anti_spam_measures

Tom

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
OKF Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre