[okfn-discuss] Just 3 days to submit Knight News Challenge ideas on strengthening the Internet for free expression and innovation

Steven Clift clift at e-democracy.org
Sat Mar 15 14:55:00 UTC 2014

What ideas do you have?

Check out:
http://bit.ly/kncnet4freedom

129 in so far:
http://bit.ly/kncsubmissions

The brief:

How can we strengthen the Internet for free expression and innovation?

This is an open call for ideas. We want to discover projects that make
the Internet better. We believe that access to information is key to
vibrant and successful communities, and we want the Internet to remain
an open, equitable platform for free expression, commerce and
learning. We want an Internet that fuels innovation through the
creation and sharing of ideas.

We don't have specific projects in mind that we're hoping to see in
response to our question. Instead, we want this challenge to attract a
range of approaches. In addition to technologies, we're open to ideas
focused on journalism, policy, research, education-- any innovative
project that results in a stronger Internet.

So we want to know what you think-- what captures your imagination
when you think about the Internet as a place for free expression and
innovation? In June we will award $2.75 million, including $250,000
from the Ford Foundation, to support the most compelling ideas.

Steven Clift - http://stevenclift.com
  Executive Director - http://E-Democracy.org
  Twitter: http://twitter.com/democracy
  Tel/Text: +1.612.234.7072