[okfn-discuss] [OKFN-Local-Coord] The Open Knowledge Brasil is a finalist of the Google Impact Challenge | Brazil!

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Fri May 9 15:24:06 UTC 2014

Hi Tom,

Great work on this :)

I should say we'd love to see an OKCon in Brazil!

We hope in future years that OKCons will become a series of events run by
Open Knowledge local groups (and/or working groups), focussed on specific
regions or topics, with some guidance from 'central' and all the benefits
of being part of a series of good events. (The Open Knowledge festival
remains the big international event where all types of openness are
welcome, coordinated by 'central' Open Knowledge).

We don't have all the support and plans we hope to have to enable groups to
run OKCons, yet, but we hope to work on these after OKFestival in Berlin
this July.  As such I'd anticipate we may some support materials and so on
ready on a timescale that would work for a 2015 OKCon... I know that there
are a group of folks in Asia Pacific who are also interested in an OKCon,
or other big open data summit, in 2015 :)

Laura

--

worldhttp://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/>  |  @okfn