[okfn-discuss] Right to be forgotten ruling

Rayna rayna.st at gmail.com
Mon May 19 17:12:23 UTC 2014

More food for thought
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/15/opinion/dont-force-google-to-forget.html?_r=1(by
Jonathan Zittrain)
https://medium.com/message/4abce84af032 (by Zeinep Tufekci)
http://ipkitten.blogspot.fr/2014/05/to-oblivion-and-beyond-google-and-right.html(the
IPKat's read-through the legalities of the thingy)

And just a reminder: the right to forget doesn't apply to the NSA Backup
Cloud... (awareness-humour inside:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tSTtmX3v3w activate the English subtitles
+ http://www.nsa-cloud.com/ )

Rayna

>  There was an interesting piece in the Guardian yesterday by Mark
> Stephens entitled “only the powerful will benefit from the ‘right to be
> forgotten’”
> http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/18/powerful-benefit-right-to-be-forgotten
>

> I was particularly struck by: “*Google's content removal transparency
> report records how government officials around the world already seek to
> remove search results and other online content that threatens their
> position*”.
>

> Duncan

"Change l'ordre du monde plutôt que tes désirs."

http://me.hatewasabi.info/