[okfn-discuss] Open Definition 2.0?

Aaron Wolf wolftune at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 22:36:30 UTC 2014

I'm sorry I didn't follow up on it, but here's what happened:

Over on the OD discussion list, there was a call for voting as to whether
we had reached the final v2.

My comment is here:
https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2014-August/000974.html

I never added my +1 (despite being perfectly happy with our result). I said
instead that we needed to engage the larger list before *any* statement
that there was any official anything (especially given the logo issues).
Apparently, I was just ignored.

I still object to the way people active on the OD list just went and said,
"ok, we all discussed and worked out things, we're all happy, now we
announce to the world." I was actually there to say, "no, we need to tell
the broader OK community about what we've got and get feedback before any
announcements otherwise" but I failed to keep bugging people about that,
and I guess nobody else shared my concerns enough to reply to my post or
otherwise do this the right way.

Regards,
Aaron Wolf (just a volunteer who decided to help on the OD list)

--
Aaron Wolf
wolftune.com