[okfn-discuss] Open Knowledge Festival 2015 - Location Thoughts

Abbas Mahmood abbasjnr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 15:49:49 UTC 2014

Hi Rufus,

I think that OKFest shouldn't be held in Europe simply because that's
where most of your staff are based. If OKF sees itself as a global
organisation, then OKFest could be used as an opportunity to raise
awareness about the OKF mission in lesser known regions, such as
Africa and the Middle East. I believe that the publicity that can come
out of OKFest would raise awareness and potentially lead to the
increased formation of Local Groups/Ambassadors in these regions.

Regards
Abbas
(Former Ambassador)