[okfn-discuss] Fwd: [talk-oam] website with related content organisation and guidelines

Christian Ledermann christian.ledermann at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 10:42:43 UTC 2015

FYI, this could be interesting.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: althio <althio.forum at gmail.com>
Date: 3 April 2015 at 13:05
Subject: [talk-oam] website with related content organisation and guidelines
To: openaerialmap at hotosm.org

Hi OAMers,

I stumbled upon a website with *somehow* similar service where
scientists gather and share data.
The topic is about Biology and Biodiversity and I guess it is not the same load.
However the idea of contributing remotely, open source, open data, CC
license, global coordination is there.

Maybe the website/workflow/API/infrastructure can give you ideas.
Maybe they would be happy to answer specific questions.

I share some links with you, I hope it is kind of useful and not too much noise.

Ben - althio

http://www.gbif.org/
Global Biodiversity Information Facility
Free and Open Access to Biodiversity Data

http://www.gbif.org/resource/80509
Resources
Library of documents, tools and and other information to support the
GBIF community
Principles of Data Quality

http://www.gbif.org/infrastructure/summary
Infrastructure
How GBIF works as a global informatics infrastructure
http://www.gbif.org/infrastructure/registry#componentArchitecture
At the heart of the registry is a PostgreSQL database [view schema]
accessed exclusively through a web services API. To enable faceted
search, an embedded Apache SOLR index is maintained and exposed in the
API.

http://www.gbif.org/developer/summary
Webservice API
The API is a RESTful JSON based API.

an email to openaerialmap+unsubscribe at hotosm.org.

--
Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

London - UK
Mobile : +44 7474997517

https://www.linkedin.com/in/christianledermann
https://github.com/cleder/

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>