[okfn-discuss] torrents for sharing datasets

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Mon Apr 13 15:35:15 UTC 2015

ohi,

i was discussing with a fellow about some data that i help them exploiting. i
set up a few years ago some cronjob to archive daily changing urls. fantastic
eu historical transparency data unavailable anywhere else, contains even
references to the illuminati. however (oblig kraaken ref) we're no better than
the kraaken, in publishing what we collect. i want to change that, i want to
publish this. however the dataset is quite big, and i have other similar
datasets that are in the few tens of GB ballpark. so i was thinking maybe a
pirat^Wdatabay and some organizational seed-servers would be something that
would be most efficient in data-sharing. my questions:

1/ has this been considered already? if so, why has it been rejected?
2/ has this been implemented, and i can join such an effort?

my contrib: i'd be happy to share this dataset i was alluding to, also i'd
share all my parltrack data, and i'd contribute at least one seed server for
this venture.

thx for any hints or ready-to-join initiatives,s

--
otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt