[okfn-discuss] torrents for sharing datasets

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Mon Apr 13 15:59:15 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 05:51:58PM +0200, Friedrich Lindenberg wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 5:49 PM, stef <s at ctrlc.hu> wrote:
> > why not ckan, or it's successor?
> too soon.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsuXqf9wog0

zmg poor bits.

> I feel violated and will need a couple of months to get over this.
> But isn't there some packed version of piratebay or similar, which actually
> works as a tracker and does some web UI on the side?

as a tracker we can use:
http://openbittorrent.com/

as seedserver, we have to do ourselves i guess.

as a webfrontend i have no clue, but i don't think we need to go webscale
immediately, how many such datasets are we talking? i'm sure less than a 100.

--
otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt