[okfn-discuss] #openimpact - A replication marathon of social good projects. Join us!

Costantin Bignoli costantin at datalook.io
Tue Aug 18 14:18:51 UTC 2015

Hello,

Hope you are doing well.

I am Costantin from DataLook and I want to talk to you about an open data initiative launched by us called #openimpact. If this doesn’t interest you, feel free to skip this mail.

DataLook is a curative platform of data for social good projects. These projects are mainly aimed at solving civic issues using open data. We are running a marathon by inviting digital volunteers to replicate these projects for their city thereby maximizing the impact and minimizing the effort.

150+ volunteers on our Slack account

4 replications already in place and several on their way

Positive word of mouth by DataKind, Civic Hall and lots of love on ProductHunt.

Would love to hear your feedback or if you have any ideas for collaboration. You can write to me directly or tweet to us at @datalook

Thanks,
Costantin Bignoli

P.S If you do like what we are doing, please help us by spreading the word. We have few sample tweets here which you can send out from your account. You will be doing us a huge favor!

#openimpact is a 10-week replication marathon to show what data and code can do for the greater good http://blog.datalook.io/openimpact

Cool #opendata projects you can replicate or get involved in http://blog.datalook.io/openimpact #openimpact

Replicate solutions, don't recreate the wheel! @DataLook's #openimpact volunteer marathon -- http://blog.datalook.io/openimpact

DataLook