[okfn-discuss] Call for participation in OpenSym 2015, Aug 19-20, San Francisco!

Dirk Riehle dirk at riehle.org
Sat Jul 4 15:28:44 UTC 2015

Call for participation in OpenSym 2015!

Aug 19-20, 2015, San Francisco, http://opensym.org

----

FOUR FANTASTIC KEYNOTES

Richard Gabriel (IBM) on Using Machines to Manage Public Sentiment on Social Media

Peter Norvig (GOOGLE) on Applying Machine Learning to Programs

Robert Glushko (UC BERKELEY) on Collaborative Authoring, Evolution, and
Personalization

Anthony Wassermann (CMU SV) on Barriers and Pathways to Successful Collaboration

More at
http://www.opensym.org/category/conference-contributions/keynotes-invited-talks/

----

GREAT RESEARCH PROGRAM

All core open collaboration tracks, including

- free/libre/open source
- open data
- Wikipedia
- wikis and open collaboration, and
- open innovation

More at
http://www.opensym.org/2015/06/25/preliminary-opensym-2015-program-announced/

----

INCLUDING OPEN SPACE

The facilities provide room and space for your own working groups.

----

AT A WONDERFUL LOCATION

OpenSym 2015 takes place from Aug 19-20 at the Golden Gate Club of San
Francisco, smack in the middle of the Presidio, with a wonderful view of the
Golden Gate Bridge.

More at http://www.opensym.org/os2015/location/

----

REGISTRATION

Is simple, subsidized, and all-encompassing.

Find it here: http://www.opensym.org/os2015/registration/

Prices will go up after July 12th, so be sure to register early!

----

We would like to thank our sponsors Wikimedia Foundation, Google, TJEF, and
the ACM.