[okfn-discuss] code.google.com closing down

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Tue Mar 17 13:34:22 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 01:25:09PM +0000, David Miller wrote:
> On 17 March 2015 at 13:03, stef <s at ctrlc.hu> wrote:
> > what a disgrace
> Are you trolling?

no i'm not. i'm disgusted by google destroying knowledge after 2016. i deeply
care about open knowledge and such destruction is totally unacceptable.

> Yes: Nice one.
> No: Did you read their explanation [1] ?

yes, they externalize their costs again on us. them, who would count as one of
the top 50 states if we'd live in a more fascistic world. we can migrate the
stuff away that we want to preserve after 2016. they could put it on read-only
and host it for 20 more years.

there's shitloads of valuable unmaintained and orphaned projects on
googlecode, which will not be migrated if we do not get 1/ google to take
responsibility, 2/ someone else cleaning up googles shit.

--
otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt