[okfn-discuss] Moving on from Open Knowledge

Christian Villum christian.villum at okfn.org
Tue May 5 14:47:52 UTC 2015

Dear friends,

After two great, inspiring and wonderfully hectic years with Open Knowledge
it's now time for me to move on to new ventures. I've been offered a new
and very exciting position in another organization, based in Copenhagen,
and I will have my last day at Open Knowledge on Friday May 15.

I feel blessed to have been part of the Open Knowledge story these past 2
years, which have been an incredibly exciting time for the Open Knowledge
community. When I started there were just a handful of Local Groups and
Chapters, and now there are over 60 (!), spanning almost all continents. I
would like to thank everyone of you I've worked with for being so
inspiring, and needless to say leaving this role (and the great colleagues
and all the community leaders and change-makers) has been an incredibly
difficult decision. It's been a real pleasure and honor to work with and
get to know all of you, as well as serve you as "community carpenter", and
I will sincerely miss our daily interactions a lot.

However, I'm not going away completely: I will continue my engagement with
the global Open Knowledge network as a volunteer in my capacity as co-lead
of the Danish Open Knowledge Local Group and as co-coordinator of the Open
Design & Hardware Working Group. So I'll continue to pop up every now and
then, and will surely do all I can to attend the next OKFestival as well as
other opportunities to meet up and hang out with all of you :) I will of
course also remain the open-everything advocate I've always been, so I'm
sure I'll cross pathways with many of you in future collaborations,
communities and coming international projects of "open"!

All the best,

-Christian

PS: If any of you would like to stay in touch on a personal level, my email
address is villum (a) autofunk (dot) dk, and you can also catch me on
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/christian.villum>, LinkedIn
<https://dk.linkedin.com/in/christianvillum>, Instagram
<https://instagram.com/christianvillum/> and Twitter
<https://twitter.com/villum>.

--

Christian Villum
International Community Manager

skype: christianvillum  |  @villum <http://www.twitter.com/villum>
Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/>
* - A World Where Knowledge Creates Power For The Many, Not The Few*
http://okfn.org/ | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>   Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> | Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>