[okfn-discuss] Social, democratic and environmental impact of open data in cities?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Sun Oct 4 16:39:04 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Open Knowledge is currently doing some research into city level open data
initiatives.

If you know of good examples that highlight the potential social,
democratic and environmental impacts of open data in cities - please do add
them here
<https://discuss.okfn.org/t/social-democratic-and-environmental-impact-of-open-data-in-cities/1383/1>
:

https://discuss.okfn.org/t/social-democratic-and-environmental-impact-of-open-data-in-cities/1383/1

We'd also be interested in hearing about potential risks and unexpected
consequences of open data initiatives at city level.

Finally, we'll be compiling a list of further resources and readings on
this topic - so we would love to hear of suggestions for reports, papers,
case studies, blog posts or other material.

I'll keep the forum thread updated as we progress!

All the best,

Jonathan

--

Jonathan Gray