[okfn-discuss] Social, democratic and environmental impact of open data in cities?

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Mon Oct 5 10:45:27 UTC 2015

Hi Jonathan, all,

3 loosely related but very good books about technology, data and urban development are:

Adam Greenfield (2013). Against the smart city,
http://www.amazon.com/Against-smart-city-here-Book-ebook/dp/B00FHQ5DBS

Anthony M. Townsend (2013). Smart Cities: Big Data, Civic Hackers, and the Quest for a New Utopia
http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Cities-Civic-Hackers-Utopia-ebook/dp/B00CF2M9AA/

Stephen Goldsmith, Susan Crawford (2014). The Responsive City: Engaging Communities Through Data-Smart Governance
http://www.amazon.com/The-Responsive-City-Communities-Data-Smart-ebook/dp/B00MQTIA3M/

All best
Daniel