[okfn-discuss] StrepHit IEG renewal: call for support

Marco Fossati fossati at spaziodati.eu
Sun Jul 24 13:45:42 UTC 2016

[Begging pardon if you read this multiple times]

Dear all,

Remember StrepHit [1], the Natural Language Processing pipeline that
extracts
structured data from raw text and produces Wikidata [2] statements with
reference URLs?

StrepHit got funded for 6 months by a *Wikimedia Individual Engagement
Grant* (IEG) [3].
Its datasets are now uploaded to the *primary sources tool* [4, 5]: the
goal of the tool is to provide a standard workflow for data donations to
Wikidata.

Now, we believe that the primary sources tool *really needs lots of
improvements*, which we have been collecting in a request for comment [5].
That's why we opened a renewal request for the StrepHit IEG [6].

If you like the idea, please *endorse* the renewal!

Best regards,
Marco Fossati

[1] https://github.com/Wikidata/StrepHit
[2] https://www.wikidata.org