[okfn-discuss] TransparencyCamp Europe - App Competition and Unconference

Sicco van Sas sicco at openstate.eu
Thu Mar 31 16:54:40 UTC 2016

(Sorry for the cross-post)

Dear friends,

We are very proud to organize two European transparency events this year:
an App Competition and TransparencyCamp Europe 2016 -
https://transparencycamp.eu/
And just in case you did not hear about these events, we want to use this
e-mail to tell you a little bit more about them.

*App Competition*
European developers can take part in the TransparencyCamp App Competition
(deadline May 1). This competition challenges European developers to build
apps that make innovative use of  EU open data or open up the black box of
EU decision-making.

The winner of the App Competition will receive a flight and tickets to
TransparencyCamp in Washington DC; 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will go on a
special transparency trip to Brussels. There you will get a tour of the
European Parliament and get the chance to pitch your app for a select group
of data managers of European institutions. The winners will be
announced on June
1 at the very first TransparencyCamp Europe in Amsterdam.

Would you like to work with at least one European dataset and do you think
you can build a creative app that will make Europe more accountable,
interactive and transparent? If so, you should definitely join the App
Competition. We are looking forward to your submissions, as we know that
innovation is only achieved when many creative people use their imagination
and expertise to make this world more open and transparent!

You can find more information about the competition on our website which
also contains datablogs to help you get started:
https://transparencycamp.eu/app-competition/

*TransparencyCamp Europe*
On 1 June 2016 Open State Foundation and the Presidency of the Council of
the European Union will host the very first TransparencyCamp Europe
Unconference in Amsterdam.

We are pleased to invite you to share your experiences and knowledge about
open data, new technologies and policies that make the EU work for people,
stimulate open government and help people grasp the workings of the various
EU institutions.

This will be the first TransparencyCamp Europe Unconference, but not the
first in the world. Since 2009, TransparencyCamps have been organised in
the United States by the Sunlight Foundation, leaving thousands of
participants energised, full of ideas, and flush with new contacts and
networks.

Register now and make sure you don’t miss the very first TCamp Europe
Unconference: https://transparencycamp.eu/unconference/

Please share this email among your own network. If you have any remaining
questions, please do not hesitate to ask us.

Warm greetings on behalf of the Open State Foundation,
Sicco van Sas

*Developer @ Open State Foundation*
http://openstate.eu