[Okfn-dk] Looking for private company to talk on open data!

Pernille Lyngsø pernille at mmex.dk
Wed Aug 20 06:48:52 UTC 2014

For a short ignite-talk at the upcoming event Hack4dk<http://hack4dk.wordpress.com/> Im looking for a danish private company that uses open data in their business.

HACK4DK is an annual hackathon on cultural heritage, organized by major heritage institutions in Denmark. We present open data from cultural institutions and explore how they might be used to build funny, usable, interesting, mindblowing, weird and cool prototypes! The first Hack4dk took place in October 2012 and was a great succes. We did it again in 2013 - and in 2014 the event will be held at SMK (Statens Museum for Kunst) on Sept 26-28.

Every year we warm up with an ignite session - a string of approximately 10 rapid and fun presentations. The audience for this session is a bit broader that for the actual hackathon. The main goal of the ignite session is to make people smarter on open data and hopefully get more cultural institutions interested in opening up.

This year we will present dataowners, datahubs and datausers in the ignite session. But we still need to find a good example of a private company using open data. Preferably a company that puts its own data out there for others to use free and openly. But it could also be a company that makes business on using open data. Do you know any?

Suggestions for speakers on more general perspectives on open data are also welcome.

Looking forward to hearing from you - and maybe seeing you at Hack4dk 2014!
Thanks!

Med venlige hilsner fra / best regards
Pernille Lyngsø
Projektleder / Project manager