[Okfn-dk] question : suggestions for nordic cooperation

Martin Malthe Borch mmborch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 22:37:48 UTC 2015

One idea..

I would suggest that we organise a one week summer curse on a peoples
highschool (Folkehøjskole).
This movement have already been central to the development of the
Scandinavian democracy and was the free educational frame in which one of
the first big wind turbines where build.
Who knows maybe it could develop into a full program at the school and a
yearly summer event where people could meet chat and collaborate..

> Hey good open data/knowledge folks,
>

> Forgive me for being a bit vague, but I promise it’s to your benefit ;)
> (erhm… though maybe not entirely “open” ;)
>

> I wonder whether you'd care to offer some ideas and reflections on Nordic
> cooperation. Some of us inter-Nordic ones will meet physically to discuss
> what can be done, and how, in terms of developing Nordic cooperation in
> open data/knowledge, at the end of the month.
>

> It would be really great to gather some ideas from civil society about
> what kind of efforts that could be good and what kind of activities one
> could run, in a Nordic open data context.
>

> Though it’s very kind of governments being the primary pushers of this
> workshop, I fear there might be some ‘innovation’ centric ideas being
> pursued. It would be good to balance this out with some civil society
> perspectives.
>

> This is where you come in :)
>

> While of course, a lot of things are primarily realised on a national
> level, as there are many impressive Nordic examples of, there are
> initiatives that are easier realised once there's Nordic Council /
> governmental pressure to realise things, such as something that could come
> out of a Nordic cooperation (and maybe even some government support :)
>

> We need ideas and things to suggest.
>
> Please list ideas where Nordic cooperation could be good - eg. ideas that
> aren't possible to realise locally due to political pressure, lack of
> people, data, and/or funding. Or just mention project that would be great
> to do internationally, in the Nordics :)
>

> Any notes are very welcome!
>

> Thanks and all the best,
>

> miska

Med venlig hilsen,            Martin Malthe Borch

@MMBorch  |  +45 6171 3656  |  mmborch.dk