[Okfn-dk] Fwd: Your kind assistance needed - Nordic collaboration through Open Finland Challenge, Ultrahack and Slush

Teemu Ropponen teemu.ropponen at okf.fi
Wed Oct 14 10:50:39 UTC 2015

Dear fellow Danes,

There is a great opportunity for you (and in fact all the Nordics) - to
boost your projects and app ideas - in the Nordics and worldwide!

It was great to talk with you some time ago. As we agreed, it will be great
if we can get the Nordic collaboration boosted, and one way (soon) to do
this is the Ultrahack hackathon (part of SlushHacks, in particular, it's
Smart City - Civic Tech track) and the Open Finland Challenge we are
running right now - which is also  collaborating with Ultrahack.

We have not heard of any of the teams signing up for Ultrahack yet, so I
would kindly ask if you can help in some of all of the below. I am also
appending a brief that may be useful and would be more than willing to
organize a call on this, if needed.

1. Could you send note to all awarded teams and encourage them to sign up
for Ultrahack (Nov 6-8) - the huge 500+ -person hackathon in Helsinki at
https://os.ultrahack.org/register/ - they award travel stipends too!

2. Could you kindly encourage the teams to sign up for Open Finland
Challenge (open data /smart city / civic tech -competition) - we highly
encourage Nordic projects, too! Deadline Nov 9.
http://www.openfinlandchallenge.fi/en/ - Ultrahack can be a "finalization
camp" for that

3. There is an Ultrahack event next Monday in Copenhagen - it would be
great to have open data people attend? I will be hosting another event, but
my colleague Joonas will be online to discuss about the Smart City - Civic
Tech track.

https://ultrahack.org/events/ultrahack-x-copenhagen/

There are lots of prizes to be won, business opportunities - and free
access to Slush, the largest ICT event in Europe!

With kind regards,
Teemu

Open Finland Challenge - what it’s is all about - time to participate

Open Finland Challenge <http://www.openfinlandchallenge.fi/> (previously
known as Apps4Finland) is arranged now for the 7th consecutive year and is
possibly the largest “digital openness innovation contest” in the Nordic
region. Open Finland Challenge looks for the best applications, services,
concepts and ideas, which support active citizenship, improve services or
enable more open and efficient government. Competition entries should make
use of open data, open APIs, open source, open licenses, or otherwise
enhance openness. Open Finland Challenge is open to individuals, teams,
collectives, researchers, startups and companies – regardless of
background.

If your entry is complete – submit it now
<http://openfinlandchallenge.fi/en/participate/> at -
http://openfinlandchallenge.fi/en/participate/

Otherwise - submit your entry by November 9.

Over 50 000 euros worth of prizes are awarded in the national competition
and the regional sub-competitions. The awards gala on December 3 is also a
great window to showcase some the best works done.

Read more
<http://openfinlandchallenge.fi/en/2015/10/13/submit-your-open-finland-challenge-entry-by-november-9-this-is-how-it-works/>
at
http://openfinlandchallenge.fi/en/2015/10/13/submit-your-open-finland-challenge-entry-by-november-9-this-is-how-it-works/

Open Finland on social media:

Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/openfinlandchallenge> -
https://www.facebook.com/openfinlandchallenge

Twitter <https://twitter.com/openfinland> - https://twitter.com/openfinland
Join the largest hackathon in Europe and code a better Finland

The largest hackathon in Europe, the 48-hour Ultrahack, is being organized
November 6-8 at the old Konepaja Bruno in Vallila, Helsinki. During the
weekend, over 500 people from Finland and abroad are gathering together for
48 hours to develop and work together, as a warmup to Slush. As a part of
this, 20 teams will be selected to develop new services in the “Smart City
– Civic Tech <https://ultrahack.org/challenges/smart-city-civic-tech/>” (
https://ultrahack.org/challenges/smart-city-civic-tech/)  -track, which
promotes digital openness in general. Open Knowledge Finland, Open Finland
Challenge and the City of Helsinki are hosting the track, in collaboration
with Teosto, YLE, Suomi24, THL and Forum Virium Helsinki.

Ultrahack features a 20 000 euro main prize, and the  Smart City - Civic
Tech <https://ultrahack.org/challenges/smart-city-civic-tech/> -track (
https://ultrahack.org/challenges/smart-city-civic-tech/) in itself has over
5 000 euros of prizes. All participants also get a free ticker to Slush
(worth some 300 euros) and the teams automatically participate in Open
Finland Challenge, too! So, many opportunities.

Register now at https://os.ultrahack.org/register/ or latest by Oct 30,
2015 - teams are accepted into the hackathon weekly, so sign up fast to
make sure you are accepted on time. Travel stipends are also awarded weekly
to teams in Finland or abroad.

Read more
<http://openfinlandchallenge.fi/en/2015/10/08/join-the-largest-hackathon-in-europe-and-develop-your-smart-city-civic-tech-application/>
at

--
---
Teemu Ropponen
email: teemu.ropponen at okf.fi
Skype: teemu.ropponen
Twitter: @okffi <http://twitter.com/OKFFI>, @openfinland, @troppone
<http://twitter.com/troppone>
Open Finland Challenge <http://www.openfinlandchallenge.fi> is looking for
the best civic tech - open * -solutions!

--
---