[OKFN-EN] UK election special: next event in April, Democracy Club, Greens...

Jack Townsend jack at jacktownsend.net
Wed Mar 25 12:11:57 UTC 2015

APRIL 27TH LONDON CLEANWEB MEETUP

We’re not having a meetup this month now, but we are looking to have one on 27th April <http://www.meetup.com/Cleanweb-London/events/lgrhglytgbkc/>. Topic and venue still TBC. If you’d previously RSVPed, you will need to redo <http://www.meetup.com/Cleanweb-London/events/lgrhglytgbkc/>, I’m afraid.

GREEN PARTY VOLUNTEERS

Join the Green Party Coders <https://www.facebook.com/groups/438838372942873/>, and help the Party coordinate better and prepare for the election.

PARTICIPATE IN VOTEHACK

Votehack <http://votehack.strikingly.com/>, London April 11. Non-voters outnumbered the supporters of every single political party in 2010. These people could change EVERYTHING.

CLIMATHON CHALLENGES

There is an upcoming June climate hackathon <http://www.climate-kic.org/programmes/climathon2015/>. If you have ideas for fresh problems for the teams to get stuck into around climate change, energy, environmental sustainability, contact Matt Mellen  matt at emergentcomms.com

DEMOCRACY CLUB VOLUNTEERS

Democracy Club <https://democracyclub.org.uk/contact/> are looking for developers in the run up to the election, to bring more transparency to our ancient democratic processes. Contact sym at democracyclub.org.uk

LONDON APP STRATEGY WORKSHOP

Free access code for the London App Strategy Workshop. Code: CleanwebLondon Below is a sample invite to save you time, feel free to edit as you wish! All the best, Corentin *** Sample invite: Hi all, The App Developers Alliance's 'London App Strategy Workshop' is set to take place in the main gallery at Rivington Place (4pm, March 26th) with leading speakers debating the UX and monetisation strategies that work best. As a member of this meetup you can register for free, with the code " CleanwebLondon " here: http://bit.ly/1DWMJu8 <http://bit.ly/1DWMJu8> Featuring: · + Panellists from SwiftKey, OpenX, MobFox, Pollen.vc, Instal, Kidslox, Calldorado and more! · + Networking food & drinks with attendees from across the London app ecosystem Reserve your ticket through the link above to join us at 4pm on the 26th March. I hope to see you there!

ORGANISE A CLEANWEB MEETUP

Thanks to our lovely new organisers who came forward following our last mail. Still time to volunteer to organise one on a topic you care about. Contact info at cleanweb.org.uk <mailto:info at cleanweb.org.uk>

Jack

Web, Open Data & Sustainability		University of Southampton
@JackTownsend_  <https://twitter.com/JackTownsend_>					jack at jacktownsend.net <mailto:jack at jacktownsend.net>