[OKFN-Greece] Call for Papers: “Data impact: Big, Open, Linked Data innovations (BOLD)”
char.brat at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 09:45:22 UTC 2016
11th International Workshop on Semantic and Social Media Adaptation and
Personalization*October 20-21, 2016, Thessaloniki, Greece*
Special session on “Data impact: Big, Open, Linked Data innovations (BOLD)”
It is well known that in the contemporary times of knowledge, data plays a
pivotal role in all facets of human activity and societal interest. In this
workshop, emphasis is drawn on the way data may be collected and treated in
order to facilitate personalized knowledge extraction. The latter can then
be fused with other different channels of human and societal utility. The
sectorial coverage of the above is not limited and may be typically
represented by the list of topics below which is by no means exclusive of
- Personalization and adaptation issues from Big, Open and Linked Data.
- Social Media and Big Data Analytics.
- Linked Data and Social Media Applications.
- Health data and intelligent systems.
- Active and healthy ageing data analytics.
- Learning materials and personalized learning.
- Big educational data analytics and decision making.
- Data journalism, analytics and visualizations.
- Crowd-sourcing data and semantic content management systems and wikis.
- Online data analysis and related services.
- Bibliographic and linguistic data.
- Environmental and agricultural data.
- Personalized Semantic Data Analysis.
- Statistical Analysis, Statistical Learning and Data mining.
- Wild data recordings of human activity – the quantified self.
- Open government and open information for societal change.
- Applications for the citizen: Fiscal transparency, budget data,
procurement, legislative and licensing data.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least three reviewers. Αll
accepted papers will be published by IEEE in IEEEXplore. Thus, *submission
guidelines, paper templates, as well as registration issues follow the same
politics with the main SMAP workshop.*
*Paper submission deadline:* June 24, 2016
*Notification:* July 29, 2016
*Registration opens:* September 1, 2016
*Camera-ready submission:* September 9, 2016
*Early registration deadline:* September 22, 2016
*SMAP 2016 Workshop:* October 20-21, 2016
Special session papers are submitted through EasyChair
Remember to select the “Special Session Data Impact (BOLD)” topic.
Charalampos Bratsas, Maria Nikolaidou, and Panagiotis Bamidis Aristotle
University of Thessaloniki & Open Knowledge Greece, Thessaloniki, Greece
Dr Charalampos Bratsas
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the okfn-gr