[okfn-help] which Microfacts' unit test runner?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat Feb 16 10:59:16 GMT 2008

John Bywater wrote:
> Hi Rufus,
>
> Just wondered which test runner do you use with microfacts? Do you use
> py.test, or something else? I'm getting 'test method not found' things
> which seems strange when I use py.test. Any hints? (Are the tests
> supposed to be passing?)

nosetests -- this should get installed by default with pylons. Sorry for
the confusion this might have caused. I've made this move away from
py.test to nosetests on these newer projects because:

a) nosetests is compatible with py.test (i.e. all tests that run with
one run with the other)

b) nosetests will also run unittest.TestCase tests

c) it is installed by default with pylons and hooks in more nicely to
the framework (e.g. automated test running from setup.py hooks).

In the long run we'll move to nosetests on everything else -- it should
be almost costless because of (a).

~rufus