[okfn-help] sqlalchemy implementation of versioned domain model is go!

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Feb 28 18:44:35 GMT 2008

Finally, after on and off work over the last few months I've got a full
sqlalchemy implementation [1] of versioned domain model [2] working! Not
only does this do basic object versioning but transparently supports
versioning of many-to-many relationships and (historic) domain model
traversal as well as 'caching' of the HEAD version of the model on the
continuity objects for speedy performance (in most cases reads of the
domain model are against HEAD).

Quite apart from the use of this in itself it means work can begin on
moving CKAN from sqlobject to sqlalchemy which should mean substantial
performance and feature improvments (and we can also look to integrate
this into microfacts).

~rufus

[1]:<http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/svn/vdm/trunk/vdm/sqlalchemy/>
[2]:<http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/svn/vdm/trunk/>