[okfn-help] Xapian, Shakeseare and Milton

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jul 1 19:23:43 BST 2008

On 07/06/08 13:22, Iain Emsley wrote:
> Dear Rufus and all,
>
> Apologies for the delay in replying, just got back from an team building
> away day.

No problem -- as you can see I've also been away and thus rather tardy
in replying.

> I've just updated the svn repository with the very basic Xapian indexing
> script. This does need adaptation to read the cache but I really need to
> download the new version of Shakespeare first and update Milton so that
> both projects are built in the same way. I have also added in a search
> function but again it still needs some work to adapt it to being the
> back end of a form. I've also changed the bin/milton-conf to add an
> index_text command to run the indexing from the command line.

Great. I'll have a play around too. By the way I think we should
probably merge the shakespeare/milton stuff together at least in terms
of the front end and tools stuff -- that way we avoid repeating
ourselves in standard code stuff (e.g. Xapian indexing or text display
is pretty similar in the two cases).

> I do have some ideas to put to you for discussion but I'll do that once
> I've managed to sort out all my notes.

Look forward to hearing it :)

~rufus