[okfn-help] New ckanclient and datapkg commands

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Sat Jul 5 00:24:17 BST 2008

Just to let you know that there's a brand new, working, documented
'ckanclient' Python package.

http://project.knowledgeforge.net/ckan/svn/ckanclient/trunk/

Also, the datapkg programme now has a 'ckanregister' command which can
be used to register new packages on CKAN. There's also a 'ckanupdate'
command for when package data changes. Both commands work with packages
that are on the disk, and support passing a CKAN API key from the
command line. Please see the 'datapkg help ckanregister' print out for
more information. There's some cleaning up to do still, as the
operations are fairly verbose at the moment.

I've tested this against my local "CKAN". There have been some changes
to the CKAN system, which will need upgrading before the ckanclient (and
therefore datapkg) will work properly.

But, basically, this means that you can now register your knowledge
packages on CKAN from the command line with a very simple command.

Enjoy ! :-)

J.