[okfn-help] [okfn-discuss] open Milton and Shakespeare XML

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Nov 26 09:12:10 GMT 2008

BTW: as this is getting fairly technical suggest we move the rest of
this thread onto okfn-help (which I've cc'd). Comments below.

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Iain Emsley
<print.crimes at yatterings.com> wrote:
> Rufus,
>
> I've managed to put together a css file which can be used on the Bosak XML
> Shakespeare plays but still ironing out the quirks in it. Out to be able to
> upload the file tomorrow (I hope) and we will need to add a line to the XML
> files. I'll work on a more stable XSL file to cover plays, prose and verse.

Sounds great Iain. I think XSL is probably the way to go (plus it
means we can convert to other formats)

> A quick query on the homepage for open Milton. Are we using a different set
> of templates for each site or do we need something more generic which covers
> both Shakespeare and Milton or a couple of the lines in the guide?

I think we will need to do some template customization but it would be
nice to keep this to a minimum.

> For the time line, are we using Microfacts? I've got a nascent one that I
> started doing some work with to experiment with Simile which is available
> here: http://www.austgate.co.uk/development/nobel.htm. Any use?

Yes let's use Microfacts/Weaving History (which is now very close to
being stable/clean enough for public launch). I've started a milton
thread here:

<http://www.microfacts.org/thread/read/831cf372-1d28-4c98-ab55-c19899fa3840>

Your existing effort is great and perhaps we migrate information
across. There are still some bugs but it generally works (tm) but let
me know if you encounter problems.