[okfn-help] FAO people at Open Everything Open Space meeting on 26th September

Josef Davies-Coates josef at uniteddiversity.com
Mon Oct 6 18:16:53 BST 2008

Hi all,

A couple of quick responses:

* Yes, we're still hoping to collaborate with Open Knowledge
Foundation (who, for those who haven't noticed is who is hosting this
list).

* A date has not yet been confirmed. okfn are waiting to hear about
the date of another related event that it'd be good to tie into,
hopefully hear soon on that.

* I hope that event is at beg of April because I don't think we should
clash with Oekenux conference which is Fri-Sun of last weekend of
March

* The Hub KX can legally have 130 people in it.

* The currency thing mentioned was as per the Lime currency issued and
used during the WSFII Conference in Limehouse Townhall a while ago,
see: http://www.wsfii.org/wiki/TheLime and
http://www.wsfii.org/wiki/WsfiiOpenMoneyWhyTo

(Jo Walsh : where has http://frot.org/wsfii/book/lets_and_limes.txt gone?)

* I like Beth's idea of having a sliding scale of prices but giving
everyone back 10 OpenCoins

* I believe Sofia said she'd help with facilitation and I said I'd try
and get Johnnie Moore to help out too
http://www.johnniemoore.com/blog/

* Clodagh said she'd be up for helping with a participatory media
workshop to assist with documentation efforts.

* Some people from TIDES Foundation, Intel, Google etc have already
been involved in Open Everything stuff and I've facebook friended them
- I guess as a first port of call we should ask them if they've any
sponsorship ideas ;)

Think that all for me for now other than hope to see you all in the
IRC meeting Wednesday at 6.30pm in #ofkn on rc channel on oftc.net
(aside, why not freenode where most people are already in my
experience?)

Moving forward...

Smiles,

Josef.