[okfn-help] Fwd: FAO people at Open Everything Open Space meeting on 26th September

Sofia Bustamante sofia at turnupthecourage.com
Tue Oct 7 19:40:11 BST 2008

Hi All,
Wanted to quickly contribute my thoughts too:

> * I like Beth's idea of having a sliding scale of prices but giving
> everyone back 10 OpenCoins

I don't have a problem with charging. Any sponsorship that we get will
reduce the need to make up the costs via entrance tickets. Paying money
takes more commitment than just registering and helps with rewarding the
organisers for their months of effort too ;-)

> * I believe Sofia said she'd help with facilitation and I said I'd try
> and get Johnnie Moore to help out too
> http://www.johnniemoore.com/blog/

Am happy to facilitate with whoever else wants to -- open space or however
we adapt it to what we need. Might want to have world cafe session given the
perfect cafe setup for it at KX Hub. World Cafe is great when you want
everyone to work on one topic. OS is great when you want lots of parallel
activity on things. Using both of them works well too.

Think that all for me for now other than hope to see you all in the
> IRC meeting Wednesday at 6.30pm in #ofkn on rc channel on oftc.net
> (aside, why not freenode where most people are already in my
> experience?)

Tav and I are facilitating in Amsterdam this week - so cant make Wednesday
meeting at 6.30pm - assume it is not this Wednesday?

The visual facilitation  - could be a session that is run the day before for
the volunteers- actually this could be seen as a give-get.. They get a free
visual facilitation session, and then they help out by capturing the
conversations visually during the day. We would just need a visual
 facilitator.

Ok folks, tafn,
Sofia

--
Sofia Bustamante │ www.turnupthecourage.com | www.melaninpartnership.com
m: +44(0)7913088975 │t: +44(0)208 123 8941 │ skype: olasofia │sl: olasofia

"for knowledge, add something everyday. For wisdom, subtract" Lao Tzu