[okfn-help] proposal: remove Routes from KForge

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Thu Sep 11 19:26:46 BST 2008

Hello,

I would like to propose that we don't need to use Routes in KForge.
We've just got a very static resource location map, and we can improve
the stability of KForge (and reduce the testing requirements) by
replacing Routes with a simple lookup table.

If I don't hear any objections, I'll do this at the next opportunity.

Best wishes,

John.

PS I've got a green bar again with those tests running against Routes
1.7. But that doesn't feel very satisfactory to me.

John Bywater wrote:
> Hi Rufus,
>
> As we discovered the other day, KForge is failing tests with Routes 1.9.
> This means that the "routes>=1.6" setting in the setup.py file is wrong.
>
> There is absolutely no guarantee of backwards compatibility with Python
> modules. So I'm against setting the dependencies as "anything greater
> than X".
>
> In this spirit, I have changed all "requires" statements to have "=="
> conditions (was ">=").
>
> I would like to suggest this is fixed retrospectively for KForge 1.4,
> which will almost certainly pick up domainmodel 0.3 with it's
> "domainmodel>=0.2" setting.
>
> Hope all's good. Best wishes,
>
> John.
>
> PS Did you want to meet this week to do some KForge stuff? There's only
> tomorrow (poss. Sat?) left now!
>

> John Bywater wrote:
>
>> Hi Rufus,
>>
>> Got the KForge release tests working. But although everything worked out
>> on my laptop, I'm getting a "red bar" on the server.
>>
>> It's to do with Routes url_for() method. Have you seen this before?
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> John.

John Bywater, Director
Appropriate Software Foundation