[okfn-help] Another Internal Server Error in CKAN

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Dec 3 13:11:00 GMT 2009

2009/12/3 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
> Just to follow this up: looks like its fixed now! Do we know what went wrong?

Yes, we do though it's a weird error we've never had before relating
to DB exhausting its connection pool (this usually means you're not
disposing of DB connections as you should). What's odd about this is
that this should show up (if it's an issue) pretty regularly but in 2+
years of operating CKAN this is the first we've seen of it.

> Also, Sören Auer may be interested in getting involved from a
> technical perspective. Especially regarding support for LOD. Where
> (other than the links below) can I point him to for more detailed
> technical information?
>
>  http://ckan.net/about/
>  http://ckan.net/api

What kind of information is he looking for?

Here's the code where we convert CKAN package info to RDF:

http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/hg/file/tip/ckan/lib/rdf.py

We could definitely use more help in making the mapping better (using
existing ontologies such as void etc) and perhaps even creating our
own own mini-ontology.

Technical aside: we currently use the SuRF package but we will
probably move back to just using RDFLib.