[okfn-help] [okfn-discuss] IdeaTorrent for incubator.okfn.org

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Dec 4 20:14:50 GMT 2009

Graham: Thanks for your input! Ideatorrent does look good. The only
thing that Rufus and I wondered about, is would it be nice if users
were integrated with KnowledgeForge user management, so users could
have a single OpenID login for a suite of OKF services? Currently it
does not support OpenID yet [1], but of course this may change. Also
can any OKF infrastructure people (James? John? Rufus?) advise on
whether it is technically a good match for our infrastructure? I think
its PHP, PostgreSQL and Drupal [2]. Of course this does not preclude
us setting up an instance, but it would be nice if it fit neatly with
the technology we have.

Ed: Vilfredo looks interesting - thanks for the suggestion! At the
moment I am inclined to think we want something that is in full
release, tested, stable - and that preferably that could be integrated
with our existing infrastructure. But we should definitely keep an
Vilfredo

(Suggest, as this is quite a technical discussion - we should move
this to okfn-help?)

Jonathan

[1] http://demand.openid.net/site/ideatorrent.org
[2] http://www.ideatorrent.org/docs/en/installation.txt.html