[okfn-help] CKAN searches

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Dec 15 13:30:51 GMT 2009

Excellent! This is very interesting!

Re: UI stuff - I think it would be *really* useful to think about ways
we could better visually represent what is in CKAN. Whether this is
tag clouds, faceted browsing, or using some simple light visualisation
toolkit to do something clever. E.g. from
http://wiki.okfn.org/OpenVisualisation

For me qua user, this is a typical thing with query/search interfaces.
I get there, and see that I can search for things, but without some
teaser about what kind of thing is there to hook me in (or unless I am
looking for something very specific) - I might be inclined to bookmark
the site for a rainy day.

Also the more interesting entry points we can have into CKAN the more
likely it is that people will spot gaps, or think of other things to
add etc!

Jonathan