[okfn-help] KForge community development

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Jun 10 02:27:27 BST 2009

2009/6/9 John Bywater <john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net>:
> Hi Rufus,
>
> Thanks for your comments! As no objections have been raised, and some
> time has gone by, there appears to be some consensus on this list for
> the proposals...

Yes.

> Perhaps now it would make good sense to try to broaden the consensus (in
> particular, on the club proposal) to include the members of the
> okfn-discuss list? Also the OKF working groups, since they might use
> knowledgeforge.net? And the OKF board might like to know/object/consent.

Not sure about okfn-discuss for this -- probably
kforge-discuss/kforge-dev is more relevant.

>>> 1. Merge the kforge-dev and kforge-user lists.
>
> Let's schedule IRC time to decide and act on these lists?

OK. How about an afternoon/early evening next week, say wednesday?

[snip]

>>> 5. To write an initial prospectus of proposals of the club, to provide a
>>> statement of the proposed work, the desired benefits, the expected
>>> costs, and the reporting of activity.
>>
>> Great. I would note we already have (though not updated for a while):
>>
>> <http://www.okfn.org/kforge/>
>> <http://www.knowledgeforge.net/kforge/trac/>
>
> Yes, doing the next milestone is certainly one good proposition. :-)
> <http://www.knowledgeforge.net/kforge/trac/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=v1.0b>

I think we can start using the trac for all project related stuff
(including docs)

> BTW, the KForge Trac CSS isn't being served ATM, so there are no styles.
> 404 Not Found <http://www.knowledgeforge.net/trac/css/trac.css>

It's fixed (due to kforge trac.ini being very old ...)

[snip]