[okfn-help] Where Does My Money Go progress

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Mar 9 13:03:32 GMT 2009

Wanted to update you guys that I've now parsed out the first couple of
PESA datasets and made them web accessible

<http://openeconomics.net/wdmmg/>
<http://openeconomics.net/wdmmg/table/1>

There's lot of things to be improved, big and small:

  * Need to document what much of those series actually mean (e.g.
what is AME margin). This could be on wiki with link from web app.
  * Do all of the PESA tables (not all the same ...)
  * Need to think about how we produce decent perma urls
  * What data structure and presentation form is appropriate (at the
moment I'm following PESA in my db structure [1])

There's also the question of where we go generally. What we have there
at present is very high level data.

Julian, Rob: I know you are both most interested by the more granular
data. Any suggestions for where we could source that from (or link to
it) and how we could present it?

Also given that higher level data is often more easily accessible is
it worth starting there and then working down?

Rufus

[1]:<http://knowledgeforge.net/econ/hg/file/a639efe4e1d6/econdata/ukgovfinances/>