[okfn-help] Licenses in CKAN

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon May 4 19:31:12 BST 2009

Before commenting on the specific points I should say that for a while
I've been thinking we should have a dedicated "licenses" module
(code/text) that we can reuse across a bunch of projects and that
lists the compliant licenses and provides generic extra headings (e.g.
for non-open stuff). It would probably look something like:

<http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/svn/ckan/trunk/ckan/model/license.py>

2009/5/1 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
> As its very common to allow re-use as long as attribution is given,
> would it make sense to have a 'OKD Compliant - Attribution Other' tag?

Sounds good. There is some blurring here of the line between a license
and a license categorization (which I know was already going on ...)

> Also may be useful to have choice for regular copyrighted material.

Yes I agree so we would have:

Non OKD-Compliant:Standard Copyright
Non OKD-Compliant:Non-Commercial
Non OKD-Compliant:Other