[okfn-help] Spam on Is It Open?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Nov 2 20:17:49 GMT 2009

2009/10/26 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
> Just a quick note to say there is what appears to be spam on 'Is It Open?'
>
>  http://isitopen.ckan.net/enquiry/list/

There is indeed. I've just removed it. You can access the admin
interface to do this kind of clearing up at:

http://isitopendata.org/admin/

Note also that the service now has its own domain!

> Is there anything quick and easy we could do to prevent this? E.g.
> moderate the requests? Or require people to be logged in? Or could I
> or others have permission to remove spam?

I've implemented the requirement that the to field be a genuine email
address and I think we probably need to require the sender to be
logged in (or to register as part of the sending process).